|Looking to start a project but need help with funding it? Did you know government and private entities offer financing to individuals, non-profits, and state and local governments?
The links on this page can help you begin researching grant opportunities and will guide you on writing grant proposals.
My office can help you with several aspects of the grants process, including:
- Finding the Funds: This page has a number of resources to help you find funding opportunities for your project within your school or community, and my office can also help you narrow down where to look.
- Grant E-notifications: Sign up here for daily notifications on new grants.
Remember, my office is here to serve you. Please do not hesitate to call if you need assistance or have questions concerning grants.
- Letters of Support: I am able to write a letter of support on behalf of projects within the 2nd Congressional District. Please contact the Grants Director at my Grandville District Office at (616) 570- 0917 for more information.
A good place to start:
- Grants.gov: A Federal website with one-stop access to all online U.S. government resources for grants. This section groups programs by broad subject categories.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA): A government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities which provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and non-financial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the Federal government.
- Weekly Federal Funding Report: The online Federal Funding Report is a weekly compilation of items published in the Federal Register which affect Federal Domestic Assistance Programs.
- The Federal Register: The Federal Register is the official daily publication for Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as Executive Orders and other Presidential Documents.
- Today's Federal Register and Archives (Grantsmanship Center): Today's Federal Register gives that day's grants announcements, department and agency announcements of grant application review meetings, grant awards, deadlines, requests for comments on agency procedures, new rule reminders, and special events.
- Federal Funds Express: A listing of recommended sites for information on researching grants, procurement, and other resources on the Internet.
- Federal Agency Contacts by State: Much of the federal grant budget moves to the states through formula and block grants -- state, regional, and local Federal offices often handle grant applications and funds disbursement. Each Federal agency has its own procedures - if the CFDA program description refers to a state or regional information contact as listed in Appendix IV, constituents/applicants should contact the federal department or agency office listed here before applying for funding to obtain the most up-to-date information.
- U.S. State and Local Gateway: Web site developed to give state and local governments easy access to Federal government information. Includes Federal partnership programs links.
- Foundation Finder : Search by name for basic information, IRS filings, and foundation websites for more than 61,000 private and community foundations in the U.S.