|Hello, and welcome to my online office. I want to serve my constituents in any way I can, whether you need help with a federal agency, are visiting D.C., are trying to find out if federal grants are available for your project, or are considering applying to a service academy. I hope all the information in this section will be helpful. Please don't hesitate to contact my office at (616) 570-0917 if you have further questions.
- Help with a Federal Agency: I can help you get answers from any federal agency, whether it's the Department of Education or Veterans' Affairs. Click here for more!
- Request a Flag: My office can supply you with a U.S. Flag in a variety of sizes at-cost, and even have it flown over the Capitol on a specific date, and sent with a certificate of authenticity. Click here for more on how to request a flag.
- Congressional Arts Competition: All high school-aged students may submit artwork for a chance to have it hung in the U.S. Capitol. This year's deadline is April 25, 2011. Click here for more on how to enter.
- Internships: 2nd District college students can apply to spend a summer or a semester working in my Holland or D.C. office, where you will gain valuable experiences that will be helpful throughout your career. Click here for how to apply.
- Presidential Greetings: My office can help you obtain a greeting from the White House for a special event or other milestone.
- Service Academy Nominations: I can help nominate 2nd District students to the United States Service Academies. Earn your undergraduate education and training to become a commissioned officer for the U.S. Armed Forces, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Merchant Marines. Click here for how to apply.